Fixed Coupler Access Platform
- The fixed coupler access platform allows a large work area for any maintenance task that need to be carried out on the train coupler.
- The platform consists of 3 sections, 2 outer access platforms, and a centre bridge.
- The platform can be attached to any support surface available in the facility, often this varies between concrete or steel.
- The handrails are connected to the platform via a hand-tightened expanding spigot, allowing them to be very simply removed and replaced. When removed, storage locations on the outer access platforms are provided to ensure they are misplaced.
- Foam buffering is positioned on the underside of the platform to protect against head strikes when the maintenance team are passing underneath the centre bridge.
- A fibreglass deck was delivered to guard against touch potential, however pending the facility, a aluminium plate decking can also be provided.
Stair complaint access to allow ease of access to the coupler when carrying tools and parts to and from the work area.