We only collect personal information necessary for the operation of our business. The personal information we collect includes the following:
In relation to customers:
- telephone and fax numbers;
- email addresses;
- other contact information;
- credit information and credit eligibility information in connection with the opening and operation of customer accounts;
- payment information (which may include banking or credit card information).
In the normal course of the operation of our business we also collect from service providers such personal information as is necessary for the day to day operations of the business.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD?
We collect personal information in written form, online or by telephone. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our website;
- place an order with us or make a purchase from us;
- apply for a credit account; and
- otherwise contact us.
With respect to customers, personal information is primarily collected from the orders customers place with us and from credit applications to open accounts. Personal information will not be collected from any sources other than the customer and any credit reporting agency from which we require credit eligibility information.
Personal information is held either in electronic or written form, but primarily in a secure data base, access as to which is limited to authorised and appropriately trained staff. Some account information is held by a third-party provider, accessible online only to authorised members of our staff. We have internal policies and procedures in place to prevent unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or misuse of personal information.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our purposes for collecting and holding personal information are to enable us (and/or third-party service providers we may engage for some purposes):
- to receive orders from customers for goods and to fulfil those orders;
- to process payments made by customers;
- to extend credit facilities to appropriate customers by opening an account with us;
- to deal with our suppliers.
We do not give personal information to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing by them. However, we may use personal information for the purpose of offering products and services to customers and we may employ the use of third party technology through an online software portal to do so. We will generally only use your personal information for marketing if you have given consent to this or it is impracticable to seek prior consent. When registering with SafeSmart Access, you consent to SafeSmart Access using your personal information, such as your postal or email addresses for our direct marketing purposes.
You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time by sending an email or letter to the Privacy Officer and we must action your request within a reasonable period.
From time to time, in the operation of our business and to receive and fulfil orders, we either disclose customers' personal information to the following third parties, or we permit such third parties to have access to customers' personal information:
- credit reporting organisations for credit eligibility and assessment with respect to customer accounts;
- providers of payment gateway technology services such as a credit card facilities service for online payments;
- logistic companies providing courier or delivery services, so as to enable access to premises to effect delivery;
- direct mail marketing print house to enable distribution of catalogues and other printed material;
- IT service providers who require access to our systems to maintain our software (platforms) and hardware;
- debt collection agencies in the case of delinquent customer accounts.
CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
In connection with the opening and operation of customer accounts and for the purpose of determining the credit eligibility, we may provide personal information about customers to CreditorWatch (who can be contacted at 1300 50 13 12) or another credit reporting body advised to the customer when information is obtained by us from the customer. It is not likely that we will disclose credit information or credit eligibility information to any organisation or other entity which does not have an Australian link.
The personal information provided by us to a credit reporting body is likely to include particulars about the customer and other information provided by the customer in the credit application submitted by the customer to us, but is provided only for the purpose of opening and operating customer accounts.
- access any credit eligibility information we may hold about you;
- seek correction of any credit information or credit eligibility information we may hold about you; or
- make a complaint about any failure by us to comply with our obligations with respect to the credit information or credit eligibility information we may hold about you;
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We must take reasonable steps to correct personal information about you, which is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, and you may request us to do this by contacting the Privacy Officer. We must respond to a request within a reasonable time and if we have disclosed the personal information to any other organisation, we must notify that other organisation of the correction.
If we decline to make the correction, we must give you written reasons and you may require us to hold with the relevant personal information a statement recording your request.
CONTACT DETAILSAttn: Privacy Officer
In writing via email at [email protected]